Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorLadieStorm
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2018

This is a map I started working on before my laptop fried. I'm almost done with it. I'm trying to get this map complete, and the Alenhold commission complete, before I start on any new projects especially since I promised everyone here I would do a color wash map for the world map here, and I've just accepted a new city map commission, with the understanding that I have these two maps to complete first.

I'm actually almost done with this one, and I realized I never posted it here... so here it is.
      Yilseudor11.JPG
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2018

I really like your coastline, Storm. Nicely done!
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2018

it's actually not my coastline, although I would love to take credit for it. This is the island I chose, and all I did was trace it.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2018

That's a John Stevenson (Guild avatar 'J.Edward') coastline if ever I saw one. He's the envy of all over at the Guild, so its not surprising it looks pretty cool, but you've done it justice with your mapping, Storm :)

Sorry I haven't been following the Guild thread. I've had a lot to do and sort out at my end just lately ;)
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2018

no worries :) believe me, I completely understand...
    Well, this work in progress is now complete. I finally figured out the map scale...sort of.. at least enough to suit my needs here. I've decided that, since this map is going to be plugged into a bigger one, I didn't want, or need, a border... so I removed it. This map doesn't have all of my usual bells and whistles, I wanted to keep it as neat and clean as possible. So here is my completed Guild World submission. I hope you all enjoy viewing it as much as I enjoyed making it!
      Yilseudor14.JPGlrg.JPG
    • CommentAuthorjslayton
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2018

How did you do the forests?
    • CommentAuthorScottA

I really like the coloring.
    jslayton, if you got to my thread Cordeauna Island, an experiment in color washing, there is a step by step tutorial on how to do this technique. The two main things you need, is some kind of parchment texture for your background, and it needs to be at the BOTTOM of your sheets list.

Next, you need to use black and white symbols. That way, when you add the color tint sheet below it, the color bleeds through.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Congratulations, Storm - a worthy country for the Guild World :)
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2018

NIce map!