A Giants Castle

Not sure if this is the right category but I am looking for the donation of a Giants Castle, usual thing, on a mountain and big enough for Storm Giants to walk around.

Have been trying to design one but my inexperience and the scale of the floorplans is defeating me.

Any guides, tips, pointers, donations welcomed

Comments

• seycyrusseycyrus Traveler
    Wyy couldn't this be a normal castle, where you just say - That chair is 10 sizes too big!
  • GatharGathar Traveler
    If you scale everything, I think this is just lame... What about those storm giant having human slaves (or other humanoids, but of human size), that live in parts of the castle designed for there size (and who could take advantage of that to hide some stuff from the giants). I think it would make the difference of sizes much more tangible.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    I agree. The kind of contrast Gathar suggests would be the only way to make it really clear that this is a giant's castle, and not just an ordinary one that someone has blown up in scale.
  • ScottAScottA Surveyor
    Not intending to be the least bit rude, but asking for donations of maps is asking a lot. Most maps of any quality take an awful lot of effort and time to put together. Some people actually make money with their cartographic skills. But this is a very helpful and friendly community, so if you are working on something please post it and you'll get plenty of suggestions help.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    I've moved this topic over to the Community Support category. "Show and Tell" is for presenting your own maps to the community. If you are looking for someone to create maps for you, there is a Cartographers for Hire thread.
  • ScottAScottA Surveyor
    Oh, UKgnome, it never occurred to me. There might be something in our Community Atlas that would work for you. I don't know if there are any castles or not, but you could have a look. There's a lot of maps there. You might find something you could make use of, even if it wasn't exactly what you had in mind.
  • UKgnomeUKgnome Newcomer
    Thanks for the feedback.

My thinking was along the lines of Gathar, a number of basement levels built around 'human size' where food prep etc goes on, with the larger levels above for the giant living, guest reception levels.

However, Seycyrus has a point, I suppose I could create a human scale floor plan (which I think I can get my head around) and scale up so a 5ft becomes 20ft, which I suspect the software can do I just need to go and research scaling in the Tome.

I found when trying to do a floorplan at the 'Giant Size', the walls etc were so thin I couldn't see them unless I zoomed in so far and then I couldn't see enough to build the wall.

If I get something workable I shall share it.
  • 6 days later
  • UKgnomeUKgnome Newcomer
    I think I have worked it out.

Draw everything human scale and then SCALE by a factor of 3 the levels the giants occupy.