Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorjigsawman
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2018

Hi guys,
    Hey when I am using the Annual OSR map, I am having trouble with corridors and rooms. First, I thought corridors would automatically cut room walls when attached. This does not always happen and I do not know how to manually do that. I think it coincides with my second question which is when a corridor over laps into a room with one wall because the corridor enters at an angle. How do I get rid of the small piece of wall inside the room?
    Thanks,
    JSM
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

When connecting a corridor to a room, the command line should offer you two options, B - Connect, and C - Connect no break. Use the B option here, and it will cut he walls properly, including trimming the wall ends so they don't jut into the room. (I am assuming you use the DD3 room/corridor tools here. If you don't, do it, as ordinary drawing tolls doesn't have such advanced capabilities)
    • CommentAuthorjigsawman

Hi Monsen,
    Well I do not know what i am using other than I use the tools on the left when I create the map. I have every program Profantasy makes and they are all installed. I assumed that when I load up a new OSR map, the tools I should be using load up as well, right?
    JSM
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Yes, and the OSR style should activate the DD3 menu automatically. The top buttons in the left toolbars should be room and corridor respectively, and as long as you use the corridor tool from that button, you should have the B/C options I was talking about when you draw the corridor.
    • CommentAuthorjigsawman

Ok thanks. I will play around with that. I assume i click to start my corridor and then as i am hovering over the room I am intersecting I hit the B or C key and then click the mouse button again, right?
    JSM
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Yes. You can move the mouse around after hitting B or C though to see where it will link up.
    • CommentAuthorjigsawman

ok cool. Thanks again for the help!
    JSM