Preenting the isle of Kor Severtri

I am a member of a group that is collaborating on creating a Realm Works realm for the Island of Artemisia map that was created by Quenten W (come on in the water is fine!! https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/realmworkscommunitycampaignworld/). We are trying to create a realm that a game master can use to run a campaign. It is being done in a System Neutral environment that can be modified by some future user to fit within that user’s preferred rule system.

I have adopted the Minotaurs of the Magumul Empire in the north of Artemisia. The Minotaurs are a highly cultured, highly religious, highly ordered and highly xenophobic culture. Due to a low birthrate, they rely on slaves to do much of the manual and skilled trades required in a complicated culture. These slaves are considered to be a major part of the wealth of their owner and as such, they are not abused as who in his right mind would trash part of their wealth. Off the northeast coast of the Empire is the isle of Kor Severtri upon which is the main slave market where slaves are brought from outside the empire to be sold to their new owners. This is one of the few places where foreigners are allowed to dock their vessels to trade with the empire.

As Quenten is too busy to map all the places on Artemisia, I have mapped out areas of import within the Empire, Kor Severtri being one of these areas. There are four major areas in interest upon the island. The port village of Kuara, the Mountain of Nanna – one of nine Citadels that guard the border of the Empire, the Slave Market itself, and a hidden area to the north which some future GM can personalize – perhaps a hideout for escaped slaves, or where slave traders/pirates are plotting to conquer the island, or some remnant of a long lost culture.

The entrance to the harbor is guarded by many treacherous coral heads that are just waiting to rip out the bottom of any approaching ship. When a trader approaches, it signals its intent and a pilot is sent out to see the ship safely into the harbor.

My mapping style is not to present a perfect map, or to show everything to exacting scale, or to even be the prettiest map around; rather, I map to give the viewer a good impression of what there is to be seen. Here presented is a map of Kor Servertri for your perusal. Before it is submitted for adding to the atlas, I would welcome your suggestions to make changes with the above explanations kept in mind.
Jerry

Comments