Trouble with Macro buttons

I am hoping I am simply listing something incorrectly. I am attempting to add Macros to my DD3 menu. First let me start off by saying, the buttons work. The macros launch (although I have to load the macros every time I open the program, so that will probably be my next feat), but for the life of me, I cannot get an image onto the button. I simply get little grey boxes.
Here is the line I have in my dungeons.mnu file:

#19,Cons16.bmp:[Construction sheet/layer]{}|MCONS;

I have tried putting the .bmp into the bitmaps\icons folder and adding @bitmaps\icons\Cons16.bmp.
I have tried changing the line to say #bitmaps\icons\Cons16.bmp.
I have tried a 16-bit bitmap, a 256 colour bitmap and a 24-bit bitmap and just cannot get it to show.

I do have an old install of CC2 that I upgraded, but I am in my ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus folder (which I verified it is pulling from the proper place by changing [Construction sheet/layer] in my menu entry to say something else and that is what comes up when I hover over the button. I am really stuck. Is it possible it is pulling something from my old install of CC2?

Comments

• Oh, I guess I should add that I have tried 16x16 and 24x24 bitmap files and cannot get any of them to display.
    Anyone know exactly what the .mnu entry should say? Is there any limits/restrictions that I might be missing?
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Your folder ist the correct one, but in CC3+ you need to append something to your bitmap file name to indicate the icon size. Here's an example line from one of the Annuals:
    #20,@Bitmaps\Icons\OFFSET1.bmp:[Offset1]{}|OFFSET1;

In the bitmaps/icons folder there are actually four different bmp files:
    OFFSET1.bmp
    OFFSET124.bmp
    OFFSET132.bmp
    OFFSET148.bmp

The first one is 16x16px, the others 24x24, 32x32, and 48x48 as indicated. My system for example uses the 24x24 pixel size and if I remove that from the folder, the icon doesn't show up, despite the one referenced in the menu actually still being there.

So, create those four different sizes of your map, name them Cons16.bmp, Cons1624.bmp, Cons32.bmp and Cons1648.bmp ad copy them into \bitmaps\icons\, Make your menuline
    #19,@bitmaps\icons\Cons16.bmp:[Construction sheet/layer]{}|MCONS;

And you sould be good to go.
  • Thank you so much! You have saved me so much time continuing to fumble about. Who knows how long it would have taken me to figure out I needed four different sized files.
    Thank you again!