Grid/Button Bug

I've had this problem for a long time. Is it just me?

Open CC3+
Using buttons on bottom right:

*Turn on grid.
*Right click on grid button to bring up dialog. Click OK.
((Hammer button disappears and Ortho button no longer works))

*Click where Hammer button should be to open Toolbar dialog. Click OK.
((Hammer button comes back and Ortho Button works again))

Now-
*Draw a line using the Draw buttons on right.
*Right click on Grid button again to bring up dialog. Click OK.
((Hammer button disappears and Ortho button no longer works))

*Click where Hammer button should be to open Toolbar dialog. Click OK.
((Hammer button comes back, Ortho Button works again. Toolbar buttons disappear!!!))

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Haven't noticed it before, but I can definitively reproduce this.
  • I ran into some oddities similar to this while working on some of the recent Nibirum Solar System maps. Typically, I was more interested in getting the maps worked-on than looking too deeply at what was going on, but I know the Ortho button sometimes wouldn't function. I could still turn it on and off using the right-click dialogue box, albeit that wouldn't come up if I right-clicked with the cursor over the Ortho button, as if that part of the screen had been frozen out for cursor commands (though the cursor still moved across it with no problems). I recall at one stage on reopening a map where this was ongoing when I last closed CC3+ down (previous day), only to find the Ortho button was functioning fine again, until partway through the session, when it decided it wanted a rest (I assumed...) and unilaterally chose not to participate further.

Wish I could recall more about this now. I know I was chiefly drawing lines and repeatedly toggling the grid on and off, as well as amending the grid settings (including adding fresh grid options), so I'm sure it must have involved features much as Shessar described. It was just a mild irritation for me, as I only needed the Ortho command to move a couple of items and draw straight lines the lazy way a few times. I'll pay more attention in future...
  • Hmmm... that reminds me. I have used the Ortho button to draw horizontal and vertical lines, and sometimes it doesn't work. And then it does work, just like you noted Wyvern. I remember this happening to just about any map, overland, cosmo, town, dungeon. My vague memory is the overland ones were more often.
  • Good to know I'm not alone with this. I'd never seen anyone else mention it before. It took me a while to figure out why my buttons would randomly disappear. LOL

I thought, since my hand is in a cast for a few more weeks now is a good time to ask about it, since I can't do much except slowly peck out a post on my touchscreen.
  • I don't remember mine disappearing but they did seem to have no effect upon occasion. But then I seldom look at the lower right corner when I am mapping.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    Wasn't this an old bug?
  • jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    There were once a few bugs relating to the status area misbehaving, but this was a new one.