Well, update 15 didn't work out so well for me

I installed update 15, and now all my existing maps appear blank. They're not, but I only get a blank white screen. (It will be blank green when it first starts up, but as soon as I do anything, it turns white, and stays that way.)

If I go to Info and Count All, I am told there are a lot of things on the map. But Count doesn't appear to do anything.

However, if I select an object, sometimes it appears, but not always. Redraw does nothing. Mostly, all I get is a blank white map. I've tried hiding sheets, and mostly that just turns the map into blank green instead of white. It also freezes up occasionally.

I reinstalled the update, no change.

If I start a new map, everything appears normal, though.

Did I miss something about this update, or should I contact tech support?

Comments

• jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    Please contact tech support about this issue.
  • Josh.P.Josh.P. Traveler
    I'll be contacting tech support but I also have had crashed with the new update.

If it crashes on launch I think it might be related to a specific style that's auto opening, to fix it I renamed the file so CC3+ would open something else. That seemed to work.

Don't try and use 'Issue 15 - Heraldic Symbols' it's causing a crash.
  • I've sent in a ticket (though I don't expect an answer on Easter Day).

Upon further tinkering, there are some maps that open and display OK. I think it might be related to links to imported symbols or fills.
  • 17 days later
  • It turns out that the 3.82 update has issues with images that were drag & dropped, rather than imported properly. Ralf has confirmed this, and says they'll add it to the list of things to address.

Guess that's what I get for being lazy.