Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Hello,

I hope i'm posting this in the right place, I'm fairly new to the forums. I have been using CC3+ for a bit over a year off and on. I have been designing a map for the last three days for an upcoming campaign. I finished working on it yesterday and saved my progress and shut down my laptop. Today when i started it up and tried to open CC3+ it will not open. When i click on it i get the little circle indicating activity but then it goes away after a minute or two. I have tried the following this:

Restart
    Run as administrator
    Windows Troubleshooting

I am running windows 10

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated, i'm on a slight time crunch to get this map finished. Thank you in advance.

Tony
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2018 edited

It might be that your map is corrupted somehow. CC3+ always loads the last map used when opening, so if there is something wrong with that map, it may crash CC3+ as it opens. Instead of opening CC3+ from the start menu/desktop shortcut, try double-clicking a map file instead, as that will start CC3+ with that map instead. If you are unsure what map you used last, test with a known good map such as one of the example maps that came with CC3+, found in @Examples

Note that if that works, and you last worked on an important map, immediately go to file -> open autosave drawing to get hold of your autosave before it is overwritten in case you need it, and then save this as a new filename somewhere save. Since CC3+ only keeps one autosave, it is important to get a hold of this before it is overwritten with a save from a test map.

If starting with another map doesn't help, it might be a corruption to your configuration file. Try renaming the CC3PlusCfg.xml file in your CC3+ data directory, and then starting CC3+. If that works, we'll see about fixing or replacing this file, as you don't want to be running with the new blank file CC3+ generated, but it will tell us if this was the culprit or not.

Do note that this is a community support forum though. For official technical support, go here.
    Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. I do apologize for posting in the wrong forums. I will head over there and make a post a bit later about the issue. Sadly neither one of those ideas worked but i will include that information in my new post. Thanks again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2018

No worries, we are happy to try to help, I just wanted to point out that official support might be more appropriate for resolving your issue. Official ProFantasy representatives do frequent this forum too, but you are usually getting a better response time by contacting support directly.