Roads in CD3 don't completely extend to edge of map

Quick question:

I'm following the City Designer 3 tutorial document, CD3_Essentials.pdf, and ran into a snag drawing dirt roads.

I'd like the roads to extend past the edge of the map, and then mask the portion outside the map. Instead, even if I begin and end the road beyond the map border, the road terminates at the map edge leaving small gap.

If the road intersects the border at an angle, as you can see in the attached map, the gap between the border and road is more visible.

Is there a way to fix this?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    This is caused by the feature of drawing tools to let them stop at the map border. While mostly a good feature, it can create issues like this. The best way to handle this is to edit the road drawing tool, and turn off the behavior. To do this, click the All drawing tools button, followed by the Advanced button. Now, click on the appropriate road tool in the list, and uncheck the 'Restrict to map border' option. Hit Save, and then Ok.

As an alternative, after drawing the road, you can use the node edit tools to move the end node of the road just outside the map border. Node editing doesn't stop at the border like the tool itself does.
  • That did it - thanks so much Monsen!