Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorcrofox
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2018 edited

So i would make a map of the whole kingdom, I promised my son that we would make the game in line with the stories I've been talking about over the past years before sleeping. Of course before the promise I did not know the real problem of creating a map to play that game. I'm slowly learning about Campaign Cartographer 3 and for now I've got a lot of work done. What I'm interested in is it to look like when it is printed, I need the advice of someone who has passed it on paper. My map is;
    width; 2835
    length: 2,079
    (75cmx55cm or 29.5x21.6 inches). I hope this is enough information!
    I mostly set objects to dimensions of 1miles, (1.00000 -size-line width)

My question is the following; when I print in the desired dimensions if it be well visible, or some blure or dot on map?
    Im asking becous, when I save the image as a jpg and that image I zoom i see objects like stains.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2018

You should be fine. I've exported a map with symbol scale 1.0 and coastline and river at width 1.0 to your specification. I used 150dpi, which results in a bitmap dimension of 4429x4429 pixel. A small section at that resolution is attached.

You could also increase the dpi to 300 and to get an even better print result.
      TestDPI.jpg
    • CommentAuthorcrofox
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2018 edited

Ralf thanks for the reply, then I continue to build the map in proportion as it has been, and for dpi 300 is there option on CC3 or u mean for printer option?

Another question, can you tell me where there are free symbols for cc3 on farm, army, building?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2018

Check out the four community symbol packs, they are full of great free symbols, you may find something there.
    • CommentAuthorcrofox
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2018

my colleague cartographers thank you very much but in the meantime I found a way to insert the picture I like so that now I have an unlimited set of symbols.
    • CommentAuthorcrofox
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2018

The map is almost finished, but there is one thing I can not solve, which is how to delete the text from the map? Cant delete like object is there another otion?

I have not found any video that talks about it or forum topic!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Hope you post the final map here (just make sure it is less than 1.99MB)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2018 edited

When selecting text, to delete it or to perform other actions, you need to select the baseline of the text. That's the imaginary line along the bottom of the text that the text would sit on, for example, if it was on notebook paper.

I hope that helps,
    ~Dogtag
    • CommentAuthorcrofox

Omg thats so simple, thx Dogtag
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2018

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Happy mapping!
    • CommentAuthorcrofox
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2018 edited

The map is over, thank you all. There are some things to do, but basically that is it.
      PUSTOL~222.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorMedio
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2018

Watching this map i just remember the first time i saw CC3 and how great it looked compared with CC2 :)
    • CommentAuthorcrofox
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2018

I'm wondering if it can be seen over cc3 how long is the current map extension in cm or inches?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2018

Remember that when you map in CC, you map in real world units, sizes in cm/inches is a decision you make when you export/print your map, not a property of the map itself.

You can always get the size of your map using the distance tool from the Info menu, this gives the answer in map units, which represents real world units. For example, on overland maps, these are either miles or km, depending on if you use imperial or metric units. If you want to get that in cm, it really depends what scale you want the map in. If you want to print it in 1:10000 scale for example, then a map 10 km (map units) wide would be 100 cm, but again, this isn't a fixed value in your map, rather a derived value depending on how you wish to use it.