Couple of CC3+ questions and one question on Rotate

So CC3+ is working out well since I finally switched to it. However, there are 2 bits of odd behavior I wanted to inquire about:

1. I open the drawtools menu, then click on "Advanced" to make changes and whatnot. The full drawtool editor pops up, and the cursor of course starts on whatever tool was selected. I click on a different tool, and the "Save Settings?" dialog pops up.
Now, normally, I see that popup if I actually EDIT a drawtool, then go to highlight a different tool; it asks me if I want to save the changes I made before selecting the other tool. But in this case, it asks me to save changes when I haven't even done anything yet. As far as I have been able to tell, clicking yes (or no) on the save popup doesn't seem to matter when it does this - I can't see anything different about the tool that it started on when it does this. But it's odd, and I felt it was worth reporting here.

2. Also related to drawtools: often, when I select a drawtool to use on my map, the program hangs for a few seconds after the tool selection window closes. That's pretty much it - unlike the first one, this is a straightforward issue. Program hangs for a few seconds after selecting a drawtool. I don't recall this ever happening in Vanilla CC3, so I was wondering if this is considered normal for +?

Finally, on the rotate command. Let's say I have something that has already been rotated and moved. Like this text:

But say later, I decide, I changed my mind, I want it to go back to being level. When I use the rotate command on this text, how to do I get it back to being perfectly "horizontal" again? Do I have to just eyeball it? Or is there some way to tell CC3+ to return the object back to being EXACTLY level?

Thanks as always!

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    1. Yea, this happens when you select another tool thatn the currently active one in the dialog. Subsequent switches doesn't trigger this. Not sure why it happens in the first place.

2. Don't think I've noticed this.

For rotate, if you originally held down Shift to snap the roate to 15 degree increments, you can just hold down shift now too rotate it back.
    For text, you can also just edit the text entity, then hit the text properties button, and change the angle to 0
    For symbols, you can use list on them and find the rotation angle, then rotate it by that amount in the negative direction (type the number on the command line to get exact values)
    For polygons, you need to measure the angle of a side using the bearing command, and then do the rotate by that negative amount.