Turning a Triskelion into a Mega-Continent

Hi all, and please forgive me if this is a common question explained elsewhere; I'm not sure how to even formulate my question so that I can search for it.

My objective is to take the red triskelion from this NCDOT logo, and either put it into Wilbur or Fractal Terrains so I can make a continent out of it. Then I can edit it to make it look more natural and not entirely perfect, and afterwards I can take regions out of it and map them out in CC3. I remember trying this a long time ago and not finishing it as I was unable to get good results; it always came out flat even though I had thought, in Wilbur, it had effectively created mountains and the like. So I'm not sure what I should do, and I'm not even sure where to begin looking for information or tutorials. What chapter of the Tome should I be looking at most carefully? Is there an example of someone doing this process that I can look at? Is there an annual that is all about this? And finally, as sort of a bonus question: if I wanted to, say, make each arm of the triskelion the same area as Europe, and the core to be about the size of Eurasia, any tips on making a really big continent look good?

I wish I could try and redo what I had done in Wilbur so I could better explain where I was running into problems, but the last time I tried Wilbur crashed. Sorry.

Comments