Remove map border and resize

I created a 640x360 map and wanted to remove the map border on it. To do this, I hid the border. When I do this, the map background shows for 1px around the entire map.

In the following picture, you can see the background (the blue sea) below the forest. This basically creates a border around the entire map. It was showing before because it was behind the map border.

https://imgur.com/a/WaxPx

Once I export the map to a png file, there is a 2px white border being added around it.

https://imgur.com/a/e2STY

Is there a way I can remove the map border and not have the blue background creating a border and the white border being added when I export to png?

Comments

• DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited March 2018
    It looks like the blue border along the edge of your map, in the small section of screen shot that you posted, is just the outline of the landmass (usually on the COAST sheet or something similar). Most landmass drawing tools are restricted to the map border and so, as you draw past or along the border, the landmass and the coast outline draw along the inside of the map border. I'm guessing that if you checked, you'd see there is no line around the border of the map where there isn't some sort of entity drawn there.

As for the white "border" I can't really guess what that is without more information. How did you save your map? For example, did you Save As a Rectangular PNG, or just as a PNG? Did you set the options (via the Options button in the Save As dialog) to Crop image to aspect ratio and/or Restrict image to map border? Did you set an anti-alias value?

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • edited March 2018
    Thanks for the reply!

The blue border is coming from my "coastline" sheet. It's appearing around all of my landmass. Even though I extend my landmass well past the edge of the map, the coastline still appears. In fact, it shows even when the map border is there. However, it is much harder to see. It's not a big deal, but would be nice to not have it.

For the white border that's being added. I did Save as -> PNG. I tried checking "Crop image to aspect ration" and "Restrict image to map border." I did not set an anti-alias value.

Edit:

I tried again, but with a 50% anti-alias. This worked better for the "white border." Now there is only a 1px white border on the left side that is hardly noticeable. I could probably manually remove it. I'm not entirely sure how much anti-aliasing I should have, but I could toy with that too.