Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2018

Actually, it is my version of a town from a D&D module, but i intend to use it for a town in my personal campaign by adding and changing a few things for my needs.

There in the "Salt Shaker" region of the Kingdom of Vane, it's famous Salted Wheat is grown. There are bogs and swamps located throughout the fertile land with salty brackish water flowing through, salting the earth and giving the region its main resource, the salted wheat. One of my PCs, whose family is famous for it's Salted Wheat, lives near the village of Brine. He has an ongoing family feud of sorts with the Unger Family, as they are also among the leading producers of Salted Wheat. The Unger Farm is in the town of....Salinity.
      Salinity small.png
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Looks great, Lorelei :)

Is it my eyes playing up, or are the vertical sides of the frame (which is excellent btw) narrower than the top and bottom?
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Yes, they are. That's because it is a frame symbol provided by Joe Sweeney. I really liked the wood textures he used to make the frames. I think he used a free program, that i may have downloaded somewhere, but i've been so busy lately i haven' t had a chance to check it out and create my own. So, i just scaled the frame to fit my map :)
    • CommentAuthorkevbeck43

This looks really good Lorelei. I really like how the bitmap textures, especially the crop textures, promote the farm village feeling. But let's be honest, a succubus lives here and terrorizes the populace right?
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Posted By: kevbeck43This looks really good Lorelei. I really like how the bitmap textures, especially the crop textures, promote the farm village feeling. But let's be honest, a succubus lives here and terrorizes the populace right?

Ha. Thank you! However, not here....for once. lol. I'm not even sure if they'll make their way here, but lately of my PCs Adam has been posing as Pete Unger, son of one of the most powerful and profitable salted wheat farmers in the lands, Felix (although to be fair Adam is also the son of the other profitably families). BUT, he recently fought in a battle arena of a god for his companions freedom (and succeeded) as this Pete and proclaiming he was taking challenges, back home on the surface (they are currently in an underdark city). So, I think the villain here will end up being Pete himself....or Pete's family in vengeance for Pete's unfortunate death (Adam has been caught once lying about being Pete, so word may get around)
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2018 edited

Here's the labelled version
      Salinity small2.png
    Very nice! :-)
    • CommentAuthorTonnichiwa

Beautiful looking town Lorelei. I really like the way this turned out!
    • CommentAuthorShessar

Another wonderful map Lorelei. I really like that you added a number of ponds around the village. It adds interest to the map.
    • CommentAuthorJosh.P.

Lovely.

Those fields look great. Love the texture.

How did you do the hills? Bevel effect or did you draw a shadow in?
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Posted By: Josh.P.Lovely.

Those fields look great. Love the texture.

How did you do the hills? Bevel effect or did you draw a shadow in?

Thank you, Josh. I did it using shadows this time
    • CommentAuthorJosh.P.

Well done. One of the better attempts I've seen at small rolling hills. They really are an area that CC3+ does not have a simple solution for.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2018

Absolutely great. Wiull use a few features you have here, like the hills. Any way to add it ton the Community Atlas as well.?
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2018

Posted By: QuentenAbsolutely great. Wiull use a few features you have here, like the hills. Any way to add it ton the Community Atlas as well.?

Thank you, Q. Unfortunately, I cannot share this with the Atlas.....fills and symbols i cannot share in this map (wheat and the frame) and, it was based off of an existing town in a known rpg module, so it's for my own personal use.