Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMagnakanus
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2009 edited

Hi everybody,
    this is the first sub-map to my new campaign world map. The Three Sisters will be the staging ground for the first set of adventures. Gruene Insel is mainly populated by Halflings, Bravara and New Tuvalu primarily by humans. The big map looks fine, but I think I will have to export each island separately to retain the detail.

What do you guys think? Suggestions and critique are welcome.
      Three_Sisters_PNG8.png
    • CommentAuthorgoldgrae
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2009

By 'export each island separately', do you mean to .jpg, or into their own .fcw's? I don't know if the latter is possible. Just curious!

Looks excellent, by the way. I like the way you used the compass rose.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMagnakanus
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2009

Hi Goldgrae, either way works fine (e.g. exporting to jpg or fcw), though the word exporting is misleading with fcw. Instead of exporting I would just copy the map 3 times and trim off the parts that dont belong.

Just in case anybody is wondering, the "home" button on the top right is a link to the world map. I plan to interlink all of the maps for the campaign world.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2009

Very nice, I like it a lot. Have you considered a few sea contours to the ocean? A lighter shade around the islands perhaps and a few darker patches for the deepest sea?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMagnakanus
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2009 edited

Hi Ralf, I've not really considered it yet, but why not. I saw some nice sea effects in another map I might want to use...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMagnakanus
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2009

Updated the file.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2009

Very nice.
    Using different shadings on the sea makes the map look more alive. Definitely an improvement, even though the original map was also good.