Suggestions for an Old House

I'm looking to make a floorplan of an old house. Think of a cliche witch's home, two stories, old wood, etc. Does anybody have any suggestions, either specific or general, to accomplish this with? I have CC3, DD3, CD3 and the two symbol packs. I will probably start on this later today or maybe tomorrow, so I'll post progress for critique here too. Thanks!

One thing in particular I'm wondering about is what the best way to make two stories would be.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    It depends on your needs. There are several appropriate ways to make several stories.

1) Create a separate file for each story. You'll want to draw the outline and stairs first, and copy them to the other drawing, to make sure they are the same size and same position. Then link the maps using hotspots. Makes them easy to navigate.
    2) Draw the stories side by side in the same drawing. Great if you wish to be able to see both at the same time.
    3) Use sheets. You can make one complete set of sheets for each story, and then use a macro to show/hide sheets when you look at the other story.

If you have the 2007 annual, have a look at Tendril's Oak Inn from the March issue. It uses different files for each story.
  • I don't have the annuals. Thank you for the suggestions.

What are hotspots?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Hotspots are areas/hyperlinks in the map that contains links to other files or macro commands. You can for example create a hotspot that loads another map when clicked on, or that hides/shows a sheet or layer in the current map. Very usefull when you create a multi-file map, or a series of related maps.