Issue with Texts getting under background layers

Hello all,
This is my first map making program by far and I got it because I used to draw maps by hand and have thousands of them some as big as a wall in my house. I'm trying to convert some of them into this program which I think is awesome. However I seem to be having some difficulty with layers. I have most of my map done and I'm labeling things but part of the ocean is over riding my text for naming and I cant seem to force it into a background layer. Any tips or suggestions to help as I'm still trying to figure it out.

Comments

• AH HA! I found where I can edit where the layers are which made all the difference in the world!
  • Josh.P.Josh.P. Traveler
    Search the forums for the command of the week series. You will learn a lot. There's one that covers the layers setup of symbols.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Note that CC3+ uses both layers and sheets. Layers are just a logical grouping, which tells you more about what kind of thing this is, but doesn't control ordering. Ordering is instead controlled by Sheets, and by reordering sheets, or moving things to different sheets, you can control what appears on top of what.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    In a lot of ways CC3 Sheets are equivalent to Layers in most common bitmap editors, like PS, the GIMP, or Krita.

A lot of people confuse CC3 sheets and layers to start with because they are more familiar with other apps where the layers do what CC3 Sheet do ;)

I get doubly confused because I map in a wide range of apps, not just CC3, and where I talk to mappers on other cartography forums who use CC3 I have to remember I'm talking primarily about Sheets, and where I'm talking to mappers who use other apps I have to remember I'm talking primarily about Layers. I sometimes forget and mix them up, which can sometimes cause a bit of confusion :P

CC3 Sheets = Layers in PS, the GIMP etc

CC3 Layers... not sure if there is a PS/GIMP equivalent to them.