Not impressed

I just purchased Fractal Terrains 3 software form the site, and to be blunt, I was not impressed. I expected something more for the money I spent on it. The maps look too artificial and synthetic looking. Few climate types are also shown on each randomly generated map (the same four five of them every time) despite the considerable number of such climatic types listed on the sidebar. Can't create an actual globe, rotating or otherwise and have yet to find such a function despite the sample pics I saw on the purchasing site. I am only thankful that I purchased only one piece of software from the site, and felt I threw away $40 dollars American for doing so...

Oh well... Live and learn as they say...

Comments

• DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited March 2018
    Hi Linzys. I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with Fractal Terrains 3. Be aware, however, that this is a user forum. While ProFantasy employees do visit on occasion, the main purpose of the forum is for users to share questions and answers that we ourselves have encountered and learned from. For example, the instructions to export a "Spin View" (globe) of your generated world are on p. 26 of the FT3 Essentials booklet, and in the online help (select Help>Help Topics from the menu, then click Exporting your world on the help's welcome page). The Essentials booklet is available from your account's download page, where you can also download the FT3 program, the latest update, and the free, user-designed Terraformer add-on, which provides all sorts of additional neat features, such as image climates and cloud layers, etc.

That said, all ProFantasy products come with a 14-Day Money-Back Satisfaction Guarantee so, unless you waited a long time before posting here, you didn't throw away any money. ProFantasy Support is friendly and helpful. If you're unhappy with your purchase, you can email the Order Desk and request a refund.
  • Dogtag, the "order Desk" link you posted doesn't tell me much of anything. Can you give me explicit instructions on the refund procedure? I favour precise step by step instructions.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited March 2018
    1. Open a new email message addressed to the order desk by using the link I provided for you. If, for some reason, clicking the link doesn't work, then use your email service to send a new email message to help@profantasy.com.
    2. In the Subject line of the email, write something like, "Refund Request".
    3. In the email body, simply write that you purchased FT3 but that you would like a refund. If you still have the email with your receipt or order confirmation, I recommend that you include the order number as well. If you can't find your order number, try to provide as much information as you can, such as the date of your purchase, the method (Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, etc.), and the contact information you used when making the purchase (i.e., your name, email address, and possibly your billing address).
    ProFantasy is headquartered in England, so allow some time for them to respond.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    edited March 2018
    I've responded to the refund request via email, with the offer of help or an immediate refund, as we always do. I am sorry to see that the original poster's so disappointed, resulting in various postings and negative reviews. As Dogtag says, we'll always honor our satisfaction guarantee.