Community Atlas - Villaggio di Calosirto, Ambracia

So I had started out trying to make this with the CD3 style only. It was not working for me. I felt so restricted in my choices i was pulling my hair out. Goddess bless you guys that can stick to one style :) So, of course, this is done with CD3 and all the freebees....CSUAC, Dundjinni, Bogie's, and Sue's Atlas Trees. I did, stick with the core CD3 bitmap fills, though :) There's that, lol!

Comments

• DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited March 2018
    Looks GREAT!

The variation in the trees and bushes adds a lot to this, and I love the various paths and high-traffic areas around the buildings and such. (Plus the ruins are a neat touch.)

What a wonderful little map. *doffs cap*
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    That's looking great, Lorelei :)

Maybe the trees are a little bit dominant, but I expect as you work on it your wonderful instincts will strengthen the colour and contrast in the rest of the map - or reduce it in the trees ;)

Handy tip (if you're interested): some symbols (and I think the trees are no exception) will respond to some of the sheet effects as long as you use a transparency effect set to 99% opacity on them first. Its not perfect (it really messes with shadows and glows), but that way you can change colours, make them darker/lighter, etc.
  • Yes, i think you're right about the trees, Sue. I'll work on that some
  • ScottAScottA Surveyor
    ...maybe if the trees weren't quite as dark? I think that's why they seem dominant, since everything else is a lighter color.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Loreleis Villaggio di Calosirto is now in the atlas. Thanks for submitting yet another great map.

And while this map is not part of the contest, remember that the voting for best map is still going on, so if you haven't done so yet, don't forget to vote.