Map suddenly is giving "No compatible drawing tool"

So, I've been playing with SS4 and tinkering with a small map. Just fiddling around and suddenly I start getting the "No compatible drawing tool" on default terrain, water, cave (Everything). Doesn't matter if I select CC3, DD3, SS4, PER or anything. All the same. I looked at this in the FAQ:

""No compatible drawing tool" means that the drawing is not configured to use the current set of drawing tools.

To temporarily use say Dungeon drawing tools on an Overland map, click the Tools button, then pull down the list of drawing tools, selecting the appropriate one. Because different styles have different looks, and templates don't usually have every single fill style in them, you might not get the results you are expecting if you use a drawing tool on a map not configured for it."

And not really sure what they mean "select appropriate one". Under what? Addons? I did do that (SS4) and it still wouldn't work.

Is there a way to fix this?

Comments

• SO I figured out how to fix it.

File->Drawing Properties.

From there I set the SS4 drawing style and it fixed it. Not sure how it got changed to SS4 Forlorn Cottage...
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Note that setting it under drawing properties sets that style permanently for that map (of course, you can easily carnage it later), but the reference in the instructions you posted to "select the appropriate one" refers to the dropdown at the top of the drawing tools dialog (which is opened by clicking the all drawing tools button), which just temporarily lets you pick a tool from a different style.

Note that if you start a new map on the SS4 Forlorn Cottage (FC) template, then the style will be set to SS4 Forlorn Cottage. This is a subset of the SS4 with just the FC resources available, while if you want everything (including the FC stuff), make sure to use the regualar SS4 Dungeons of Schley template.