Symbol Catalog Errors COS

Recently bought COS and when attempting to use any 'sleek' deck bitmap, I get this error.

Help please

thanks

Cal

Comments

• DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    "Symbol Catalog"? Or bitmap fill? If a fill, are you using a drawing tool? I can't find symbols or drawing tools for "Deck, Sleek" or similar. What template are you using?
  • Those red X's mean the map is looking for a fill or symbol that it can't find. If you created the map, then it's probably because you moved the location of the symbols or fills.

If someone else created the map and sent you the FCW file, then you don't have the symbols or fills loaded, or loaded in the same location as the map is looking for them in.
  • edited March 2018
    Following Joe Sweeney's tutorial on designing a ship. Instead of choosing the deck bitmap he uses, I decided to try one of the others in the list and got that above.

Will try to find the actual template name.

Still looking but fill style is hull_sleek_silver #267, list says.

Template: Cosmographer Deckplan Bitmap 250x200 I believe it says

thanks for the help, guys
    Cal
  • Could use a little advice on how to fix this, please

thanks
    Cal
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    As have been said above, this error is caused by CC3+ not finding the image files used for this fill. This can be because the files are missing, or because you are actually missing files in your Cosmographer installation.
    I did check the template, and the sleek tools work for me, but if you can upload your map here, I can have a look at the actual fill references in the map to see if they are ok. If they are, you should probably do a repair install of Cosmographer, followed by a (re)-install of the latest update, since that means you are probably missing files.