Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2018 edited

Put this off redo for too long of a time. And I don't want to startle anyone, but I'll be using effects as you can see. I know, the 3 torches' lights in the upper room shouldn't be casting shadows.

Looks comfy ? Particularly the entrance room ? Nice comfy chair in front of one of Shessar's fireplaces. A banquet table. Fresh water, etc.

it is all one big trap.

Oh, and the link to the new site.
      dha02b.png
    Great looking dungeon JimP. Nice to see what it looks like with some effects being used. Is it done or do you still have more to do?
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2018

Sure. This is a preliminary map. Eight maps are on my new sub-domain. No room descriptions so far. I next need to sort of walk through it to see what defenses, etc. to put in. If need to move a corridor. Stuff like that.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2018

Here is another location on the same level where I used the poly room tool.
      dha09b.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2018 edited

Posted By: JimPit is all one big trap.
    You know, as I was reading your description, I just keep thinking "This is a JimP map, this is obviously a trap". And then this came along and confirmed it :)

Nice to see some effects in your map. Just a few simple effects can really enhance a map.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2018

Yup. I need to go back into the dungeon entrance map, the first map in this thread, and take the shadow off the sconce lines.

This version of Dwarf Home I'm making a sketch map of the side view so I can better track how far down it is to the next level, and make sure I don't lower a floor too far, nor raise a ceiling too high.

I used, in the past, a variable triangle to show my players the angle of descent for stairs and ramps. All stairs so far on this one.
      dha01_side_009b.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2018 edited

Here is another piece. 10 maps for level 1 so far.

Yes, the two blue-green passageways are slightly sunken and that is water. Nasty algae and moldy water. Two rooms and 1 passageway with cobblestones, but they are more gravel than anything else. They go crunch crunch when walked on. The checkerboards ? Well, I have had chess boards in my dungeons before, where characters had to cross it with standard chess moves, but these aren't anything but painted squares on a floor.
      dha10b.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2018

An unpleasant room on level 2. ( I'm better at these sorts of maps. )

The spiral stairs lead up to level 1. Area C, room 21.
      dhb01_008b.png