Running CC3+ Under Parallels? Any issues?

Any Mac Users out there running CC3+ (and related) under Parallels?

I'm due for a new computer and I'm considering jumping off Windows and onto Mac. Before I do, I'd like to know if I'm going to run into any problems with my ProFantasy Software.

Appreciate your feedback!

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Not much experience with parallels myself, but I run CC3+ under VMWare all the time, so unless parallels performance is much worse than VMWare, then it should be fine. Just make sure to give the virtual machine enough resources when it comes to memory and CPU, and place the virtual disk file on a fast disk to prevent the virtual machine itself from being slow, and it should run fine.

There are also several people running CC3+ in Crossover/wine on Mac, and as far as I know, it works fine for those guys.

Personally, I wouldn't consider it worth it to jump ship if that means you will have to maintain virtual machines instead to run your software, as that is just more complex in the end, but I'll also admit that I am a bit biased.
  • Thanks Monsen.

Appreciate the response.
  • caveCrawlercaveCrawler Traveler
    edited February 2018
    Posted By: R A JacobsAny Mac Users out there running CC3+ (and related) under Parallels?

I'm due for a new computer and I'm considering jumping off Windows and onto Mac. Before I do, I'd like to know if I'm going to run into any problems with my ProFantasy Software.

Appreciate your feedback!
    I have not tried it in Parallels.

I use CC3+ on a Mac with Wineskin Winery with no issues.

However, I also have a Bootcamp Windows 10 partition on my Mac with CC3+ installed. This is my preferred method on the Mac. It just runs crisper in Windows and a Parallels image is going to 30-40 gb so, for me I just prefer the real thing
  • I can use CC3+ on Mac using Wine via Brew with no problems.
  • 5 months later
  • Sorry if this response comes too late, but I tried Parallels and I have one significant problem. The trackpad works well enough but my Bluetooth mouse is unusable; it is hypersentive (meaning very hard to control) and sometimes CC3+ picks up mouse clicks I didn't give (so it drops symbols on my map I didn't mean to place). I only have these mouse problems in CC3+, not other Parallels applications including FT.

For me, I am trying to decide whether to just use CC3 with trackpad only or to migrate to Crossover.
  • suntzusuntzu Betatester Traveler
    edited August 2018
    hi people , i have run cc3+ under parallels with windows , parallels with linux(mint19) vmware with windows and crossover (wine) directly on my mac and my preferred method was using crossover which i have done for about 10 years.

i know there are font issues with some maps under wine but that is about it. so with smaller maps there is not really any issues with any of the systems but my biggest map which was 21000 by 14000 i could only render under crossover and that had to be done in 4 bits and then stitched together as the other systems i had cc3+ installed on would run out of resources , this gave a raw file of about 2.25 gig and then after compression i got the file size down to 300 meg

Rob