Using sheets in CC3 after exporting a map from FT3

Ive recently purchased FT3 and CC3 in attempts to make a new world for a new campaign. After watching all of Sweeny's tutorials and reading a few others I began my journey. I was able to come up with a world I was happy with and then focused on one continent to start with. After exporting the continent to CC3 I had a little trouble adding effects to sheets to get the black coastal outline or the glow on contours to smooth transitions. I know Sweeny's tutorials are a little out dated but he made it seem so easy and I am wondering if I'm doing it wrong or if there are more up to date tutorials I can watch.

Thanks in advance,
Keith

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    When adding effects to an FT export make sure to check which sheets things are on, that depends a bit on the export type. Make sure you add the effects to the actual sheets in use. You can always check an entity by using the List command form the Info menu on it.

Also, note that outline type effects (like glows, edge fading, edge striping and so on) operates on the total outline on that sheet, on on individual entities. You cannot edge fade between two contours if they are on the same sheet, so if you need this, you need to add additional sheets and move the entities there, for example one sheet for each different height contour.