When Exports Go Wrong

So I thought this simple cave map was basically done but the export results have decided to slap me in the face over and over again.

The first export. Well failed.
A Map

The second export look's quite peaceful but is still a long way from how it should look. There are tiny dimples all over the place.
A Map

Inside CC3+ it looks like this. As you can see the export seems to be ignoring the lighting effects that have been enabled.
A Map

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Map File: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15_tcX7Id4z-rpkK58_I8b8OYeYCqqDbw

Comments

• Posted By: MonsenThis is a side effect caused by how the bevel effect detects the edges of the entity. What happens is that there is a pixel on the sheet below with exactly the same color as a pixel in the current sheet.
    The best workaround is to insert a new sheet between those two, and put something on a very different color there, for example a pink copy of the same entity.
    I name these sheets "Liner" sheets on my maps. Just make a copy of your entity on a new "liner" sheet and change the fill to some random solid color that is not anything like the original fill. Should stop the dimples.

As far as the lighting goes....can't help you there....i don't really use the LIghting often enough
  • Thank you!

I have avoided using bevel for so long because it always seem to do this. There is indeed a sheet underneath with the exact same colour as the to sheet is a floor mask. This explains why I always see these with floor masks too.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Not sure what is happening with your lighting, I exported your map without any issues at all, looks exactly as it did in CC3+ (Which matches your screenshot). When exporting maps with lighting in them, I do recommend increasing the max pixels per pass value, see This discussion (Or refer to the annual 129 documentaion, which also covers it)

- The grid is 0-width lines, which means it is not very well suited to high res export. I wrote a command spotlight on line styles which includes a discussion about this issue.
    - You are using symbols from the Schleyscapes kickstarter in this map. Since this is an atlas map, you can't use these (Although in this case, you can just use the same symbols from the FC SS4 extension instead.)
  • Oh that's a bloody good point. I have the manual ones still loaded in. Will have to figure that out. Thanks!