Multiple Copies

I know how to work "Copy" and "Paste" from one map to another. Where I am having a problem is in the number of entities that are being copied. This is what happens. I "Copy" from the first map, after making sure each entity (symbol, shape, line) is actually only one entity". Then "Paste" to the new map, but when I check the "Pasted" entity (shapes, symbols, lines, does not matter), there are more than one of them, usually three. I have tried closing both maps after a successful "Copy", "Paste" and answering "No" when asked if I want to keep the stuff on the Clipboard, but to no avail, I am still getting multiple entities.

I have created a world map, with seven landmasses, rivers, symbols (structures and mountains), and shapes and individual maps for each landmass, only to discover that all eight maps have multiple entities where there should be only one. You can imagine how long each map takes to redraw with nearly 1,000 symbols, lines and shapes multiplied by as many as three or four!

What am I doing wrong and how can I guarantee that when I "Copy" and "Paste", that I get only one entity. I have already figured out that the when I "Copy" its take everything from that Layer (and sometimes things that are visible but ""Fixed"), not just the actual entities that I selected, or is this a bug as well?

I really do not want to create each new map from scratch, which is about where I am at right now. As it is, I have to at least redo each of the individual landmass maps over to get rid of the multiple entities, or redo the world map over and get rid of the multiple entities, but when I go to redo the other, I am back to "Copy", "Paste" and multiple entities.

Thank you.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Are you running the latest update? I remember the issue with getting everything on the layer was a bug long ago, but that should be fixed. I am completely unable to reproduce the behavior you describe, pasting pastes exactly the same number of entities that I copied. I am a bit confused because you seems to be saying you have multiple copies both in the original source map and the destination map, indicating that you had duplicate entities even before you started copying/pasting?
  • At first I did, because when I made the individual maps, it seems "Copy" , "Paste" created multiple entities. So, when I tried to correct the World Map from the Individual Landmass maps, I discovered I had multiple entities. So, I re-did an individual map, made sure each entity was in fact a singular entity and tried again: MULTIPLE ENTITIES! Of course, just this morning I was able to copy a single polygon twice with out any issue. It did not copy everything on the Layer, just the entity I selected and "Paste" created just one entity. So, I tired it with a line and guess what: MULTIPLE ENTITIES! For now, it looks like I am just going to have to correct my World Map, one entity at a time!

I will get back to you in about a YEAR!

Interesting. I seem to be able to "Copy" and "Paste" a single Line entity without getting everything on the Layer and pasting only a single entity. Better than retracing all my rivers, but still, One Entity at a Time!
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    I suggest you try contacting ProFantasy support with this, they may be able to work with you and resolve this, as it seems like a weird issue. As I said, I can't reproduce it myself, so it is difficult to figure out what is going on.