Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2018 edited

So i've been playing around with the Mike Schley and Forlorn Cottage styles and came up with this (second floor in progress)....It's actually an adaptation of a manor house in Sussex, England from 1875 (I found an old floorplan online). I may do a quick village and add this as a large estate nearby....
      Estate House small.png
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2018

progress on 2nd floor
      Estate House 2nd floor small.png
    • CommentAuthorScottA

Love it! I was actually going to do an inn with the Forlorn Cottage style, but as you've beaten me to it (and so beautifully) maybe I'll have a look at a different style pack.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Thanks, Scott. It's a combination of the Schley Symbol Set 4 and the Forlorn Cottage styles. Here's the floorplan for the inspiration of this map...
      new-house-at-twineham-sussex-for-jr-corbett-rw-edis-architect-1875-GK92XE.jpg
    • CommentAuthorTonnichiwa

It's a gorgeous map Lorelei. Everything just fits so well together! I love it!
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Thanks, Tony :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Very nice. Love it.

Looking at your maps, I sometimes wonder if we really are using the same program and symbols. I think I have you pretty beat down when it comes to the technical stuff, but you are so much better than me at composing stuff.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2018

Beautiful :)

I do have one question, though.

Why have you moved the fireplace in the drawing room to sit in the bay window opposite where it was in the plan?

Just curious.... :)
    • CommentAuthorJosh.P.

Lovely. Using blur effect on the second floor is a great idea. Might just steal that instead of using the transparent black layer i tend to use.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Thanks Sue. No reason other than I liked it better by the windows :)

Josh, i have a multipoly i created outlining the house and filled with Solid 10, then put a blur on that sheet. Leave some trees on a sheet above so they stay out of the blur...i feel that gives it a more realistic effect to the height of the second floor, in my opinion.

Remy, I just make pretty things....just don't ask me HOW i made them, cause most times i'm just winging it! LOL, My own maps for my homebrew campaign are all pieced together like a schizophrenic made them....i'm all over the place and most often start EVERY map, regardless of Dungeon, City, Village or regional on a Dungeon map and work from there, which is why the Atlas is such a challenge for me, other than battle maps. YOU are an engineer and architect and i am an interior designer! LOL
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2018 edited

Updated and complete....now, where to put it?
      Etrani Estate 1st Floor small.png
      Etrani Estate 2nd Floor small.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2018 edited

The house could go anywhere, but I'd highly recommend that you make that village you were talking about and put ut there, as linking directly to a building from an overland map doesn't really work very well navigation-wise.

How about one of those villages in the Mt. Dendorlig area? Or in the Southern Scar? Or in one of Quenten's many local maps in the Dunor Valley?
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Well, i still have a cellar/altar to do for this. Then perhaps i'll do the Village of Jasper in the Mt. Dendorlig area, thanks :)
    • CommentAuthorScottA
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2018

'tis a thing of beauty!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2018

Lorelei's Etrani Estate is now in the atlas. Thanks for yet another great set of maps.
    - 1st Floor
    - 2nd Floor
    - Cellar