Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorahawk1972
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2018 edited

This is my first go at a large map. Give me some feedback on my layout. I know I need to do some centering.

Thanks
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2018

Beautiful map!
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

It is very beautiful :)

This is just my personal taste, but I do find the labels a bit big.
    • CommentAuthorScottA

Really nice. Love the frame. Agree with Sue about the labels being too big. But really nice.
    • CommentAuthorahawk1972

Yes that and my scale is way off. I am going to fix!

Thanks!
    • CommentAuthorwarhound

I like the map quite a bit. One of the things that I noticed on looking closely is how you made the northern half higher in elevation than the lower half. I like the huge waterfall as well. That could allow quite a bit of different adventures.
    Wow this is awesome!! I can already imagine some great adventures here.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2018

Have you tried Draw/Text along a curve to bend some of those country names very slightly to make them a bit less angular with the map. I'm thinking now that the size of them might be ok. Its just that they look a bit angular compared to the land shapes.

(Just a thought :) )
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2018 edited

Beautiful map. I especially like the frame, particularly how well it suits the map. I'm also very fond of the relatively subtle sea monsters. But I sure hope they're decoration and not to scale. That would be a terrifying hammerhead, not to mention a city-sized octopus!

I love the apt and atmospheric names. They really seem to unify the theme. I was going to mention curving your text but Sue beat me to it. I think it could really help the map.

Lastly, I'd like to add that you seem to have a real feel for laying out the forests. Those can be very tricky yet you appear to have a subtle and enviable eye for them.

Bravo, sir. Thanks for sharing. Truly an inspiring map. *doffs cap*

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
    • CommentAuthorahawk1972
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2018

Thanks!
    • CommentAuthorScottA
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2018

Yes, you have a real knack for this style. It's my personal favorite but I always struggle with cliffs for some reason. You have mastered them beautifully.
    • CommentAuthorahawk1972
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2018

I made some changes to the map in the north and added some water features. Before I add it back to the custom frame I want some feedback! :)

Thanks!!