The Eglandian town of Dunberry

This is the map I did of Dunberry. A town in the Duchy of Knavehampton. I used the John Roberts style as those familiar with it can see. I think it looks nice. I will add a background soon. What do you all think of the map?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Looks nice, but there are a few details that catches my eye
    - The wall looks a bit overwhelming for such a small town. Walls are expensive to build.
    - Those houses on the right edge looks weirdly aligned up without there being any obvious external reason for it, like a road. Unless it is a main road, the road is just as likely to follow the shape of the houses anyway, and not the other way around.
    - Get an edge fade effect on that sea contour, making the transition between the light and dark water less harsh.
    - The entire town seem to have dirt background (which is good), but the docks district have grass?
  • I actually didn't notice the docks were different. Thanks for that. The walls are too thick now that I look at it closer. Using the distance tool they are actually 37 feet thick! When you mentioned the houses on the right edge did you mean the ones outside the wall? Edge fade on the water is a good point too. Thanks!
  • Nice town! I noticed that several of your fields seems to be on the wrong sheet as they are throwing shadows. Also, the wells in seem really large, half the size of the some of the houses.
  • Nice village and I know they take a lot of work. I would just echo the others' comments. Edge Fade Inner is your friend! Use it on fills to give them a more natural blending instead of sharp lines. Also, a little nitpick -- the bottom road ends abruptly. Extend it beyond the edge so you don't have that. That's one I struggle with all the time with roads and rivers! lol!
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    That is one heavily defended village!

But I can see a lot of thought went into the placing of the main sites. A very nice map overall :)