Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorsotik
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2018 edited

Wasn't sure if this was the right topic for this, but I was wondering if anyone would happen to know of a light tutorial for Dungeon DD3. I've looked around YouTube, searched on Google, and even here but have no luck. Any help is appreciated :)

I've seen somewhere that you can use lights and shadows to make really nice maps, but I have no idea how to use them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2018

I can't remember any free resources of the top of my head unfortunately, but if you own The Cartographer's Annual, vol 2 (2008), there is an issue devoted to lighted dungeons. Likewise, the Tome also have a tutorial on this when discussing various shadow effects in dungeons.

Maybe someone else knows of other tutorials.
    • CommentAuthorsotik

I do not, but perhaps next paycheck I can look into it. Thanks for pointing that out, I haven't really got into the annuals so I don't know what they all offer.
    • CommentAuthorJosh.P.

It's on my To Do list for a YouTube video.

I've mainly played with lights using the Dungeons of Schley style though and I think it's different.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2018

Oh you haven't seen ANYTHING till you've done a lighted dungeon :D :P

The Tome? Worth its weight in gold :)