Understanding Symbol Management and Fill with Symbols tool

Hi Community. I began using CC3+ a month or so ago and so far have grasped the basic map making tools. However, I am having difficulty in making sense of the files stored on my computer and how to organize them to begin to create symbol catalogs and the other uses requiring understanding of the files.

I have a question that uses the (Fill with Symbols tool) as an example.

For the (Fill with Symbols tool) I am familiar with the intended use, however I run into trouble when trying to make sense of the ;Files, File Paths and Symbol Catalogs required to correctly use the tool. I drew a grassland polygon on my map and would like to fill it in with some symbols including: Deciduous trees, Bare trees, scrub symbol, Scrubland tree symbol and maybe a few others. The Fill with symbols dialog box includes the Browse button. This is the crux of my question. How could I create a file that would store the above symbols so I could use them alongside this tool.

I wouldn't know how to begin to manage my CC3 files in a way that would make this easier for me. The files; Program Data, Program Files (86) and Program Files stored in my hard drive, I know are related to CC3, but for me, simply locating the relevant file containg the symbols is proving difficult for me.
There is nothing wrong with the my computer storage, I know everything is where it should be. I'm just missing out on the technical understanding of it.

I have referred to the Tome of Ultimate Mapping and consulted the user manual, but I admittedly get bogged under with the instructions. I hope I have been descriptive enough and I'm sure all I need is basic instructions. Thanks.

Comments