Flames of War/Team Yankee

Hello,
I would like to know if the products here can be used for Flames of War/Team Yankee. I am looking for a range of geography from European Countryside, towns, cities, etc.
I have tried to reach the Company by I cannot find an email address to write and ask.

Thank you for your consideration,

PL1960

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited February 2018
    It depends a bit on your intentions. The program is good for making maps, but as I understand it, for this game, you need WWII-themed battlemats for miniatures? While CC3+ can most certainly do this, it doesn't come with a lot of symbols/artwork appropriate for this specific era, which means you will also need to source additional artwork if you need this for your maps.
    I guess you are thinking on just making maps and printing out for miniature play, instead of crafting physical terrain?
  • Thank you for your response.

Yes, roads, buildings, lakes, rivers, bridges, hills, trees, hedges, that sore of thing.

We have the terrain, I would just like to make a map and standardize it so that the scenario can be played by multiple parties.

This looks like it can do it, but without really seeing enough of the artwork I can't be sure enough to make the investment.

Thanks
  • edited February 2018
    This program will make roads, lakes, rivers, bridges, hills, trees, hedges and stuff just fine. The buildings depend on what kind of buildings you are looking for. Are they top down buildings or looking from an isometric or perspective view? And are you looking for those isometric or perspective view buildings to look like European buildings during world war two? If you are I don't really know of many buildings in a perspective or isometric view that look like those. This doesn't mean that they cannot be found, it just means they don't come standard with any of the CC3+ software. It may be possible to find those kinds of buildings on a website like Deviantart, or maybe some video game makers sight that has sprites of WW2 buildings. If they are PNG files, they can be uploaded and used by CC3+. Now if you are looking for top down views, those can be made in City Designer 3.

While most of CC3+ is geared towards fantasy style settings, there are a few modern style and sci-fi style symbols and Cartographer's Annuals that can help build modern and sci-fi style maps.
  • Thank you both for your comments, I will use them to guide my steps.