Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Hi all - Been away a long time and testing the waters of CC3+... Comments always welcome.
      Overland Large.PNG
    A close up of one of the towns.
      Bransford.PNG
    River and some farms
      Feldstran.PNG
    A great ocean view :)
      Corstran.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2018

Nice little place, looks like a cozy place to live :)

Difficult to say exactly since there isn't a scale bar, but those farm fields look a bit huge to belong to a single farm, as the symbol/name combinations seems to imply. (unless your buildings are actually to scale)
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Huge farms? Small by Aussie standards
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Posted By: QuentenSmall by Aussie standards
    Small when you have machinery to do the work for you. Quite large when you need to take care of the thing by manual labor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Latifundia in Roman Empire. Just need slaves - what else are kobolds good for?
    Posted By: Monsen (unless your buildings are actually to scale)

I’ll call it “impressionist scale”. 1/2 way between a regional scale (where one symbol represents a city) and CD3 ‘true scale’ I really like these symbols and wanted to see if they could suggest spread-out settlements.
    • CommentAuthorBarliman

Posted By: jonasgreenfeather
    Posted By: Monsen(unless your buildings are actually to scale)

I’ll call it “impressionist scale”. 1/2 way between a regional scale (where one symbol represents a city) and CD3 ‘true scale’ I really like these symbols and wanted to see if they could suggest spread-out settlements.

Works for me. I really like the towns narrowly following the coastline, but it seems they need some small hills behind them, encouraging that layout.

Great work.
    I like the way you made these. Great looking maps!