Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    I'm trying to create a "rippling curtain of blackness" that no light can pass through etc.

Of course this should technically be a wavy flat black line. But that's not very interesting for a dungeon map. So I'm looking for suggestions on how to make a symbol or fill for such. I've foudn online some images like this (http://www.asacocirco.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/curtain-blind-black-background1.jpg) which look reasonable, but of course I need to do something "top-down" for a dungeon/battle map.

I've tried making some smooth fractal paths and giving them a width and filling them with one of those bitmaps., but that sample is not tileable, nor can I control the angle of the fill.

Any suggestions on how to do this?
    • CommentAuthorScottA
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2018

Here's a tileable version. Just needs to be converted to a png.
      curtain-blind-black-background1.jpg
    • CommentAuthorScottA

Or a top-down version. This one isn't tileable, of course.
      curtain top down.jpg
    Thanks Scott!

What do people think of this symbol (Using the Top Down Texture from Scott). It has a small outer black glow effect on it.
      Screen Shot 02-02-18 at 11.08 AM.PNG
    • CommentAuthorScottA

Hm... the perspective could be even steeper on that one, I guess. I was just worried if I made it too steep it wouldn't be recognizable...
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

i have a black silk with swirls in it.....try this
      blacksilk_ct.png
    Thanks Lorelei :)
    Here's both for comparison, Is the black silk fill too dark? Should I mess with the fill scale?
      Screen Shot 02-02-18 at 02.41 PM.PNG