Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbearclaw
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2009 edited

This is the major city and staging point for my D+D campainge. This map took a long time but it definetly gave me a lot of training in using CD3
    http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv284/pelldom/Glastona.png

The file is pretty big so I uploaded to photobucket. The FCW file itself is 1.3 Megs!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2009

Very nice. I like the fact that it looks like the city has outgrown the city walls, and a lot of non-farm housing is forming right outside the walls.
    • CommentAuthorGandwarf
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2009 edited

Beautiful city map bearclaw! It looks realistic and I can appreciate the time you probably have poured into this creation. Well done!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbearclaw
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2009

Thanks. Now on to working on specific locations and the cities dungeon-like sewers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2009

Beautiful work!

Some of your effects seem to extend beyond the map border, this is probably because the respective sheets are above the "SCREEN" sheet. If you want to change that, simply move the SCREEN sheet to the very last place in the sheet order.
    •  
      CommentAuthoramdobritt
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2009

Wow! Very nice map, bearclaw. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorbearclaw
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2009

Posted By: RalfBeautiful work!

Some of your effects seem to extend beyond the map border, this is probably because the respective sheets are above the "SCREEN" sheet. If you want to change that, simply move the SCREEN sheet to the very last place in the sheet order.

Beautiful! Thanks. It worked like a charm. I'd actually like to have a nice wooden looking border going around the map but can't seem to figure out how to do that...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2009

That depends on how "fancy" you want to make it. Basic simple borders can be drawn by just setting the fill style to one of the wooden styles available (CD3 has a few, you can also import fill styles from DD3 for more), and using the basic drawing tols (Right toolbars). Use the modifiers to make sure lines meet up properly.