CC3+ hangs on Combine Paths

Hi all. I'm following along the ToUM CD3 section, and I get to the point where you're supposed to combine the paths of the walls' paths to fix the bitmap fill alignment issues. My problem is that the ends don't line up and you get a goofy extra line. Not a big deal, you're supposed to be able to fix it by using Flip Selections (F/S). I hit "f" on the keyboard and... it sits and spins for 30+ minutes, every time. The entire drawing goes green and I get an hourglass cursor when I move the cursor over the CC3+ window.

Any ideas on what may be causing this? Should I be running CC3+ in compatibility mode? If so, which version of Windows is the most stable?

System information:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model Z170MX-Gaming 5
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU To be filled by O.E.M.
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F3, 10/16/2015
SMBIOS Version 2.8
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard Model Not Available
BaseBoard Name Base Board
Platform Role Mobile
Secure Boot State Off
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.16299.192"
Time Zone Central Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 32.0 GB
Available Physical Memory 19.7 GB
Total Virtual Memory 64.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 44.8 GB
Page File Space 32.0 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    My computer is extremely similar to yours spec-wise, but I am unable to reproduce the behavior you describe. At most, the map goes green and the spinning circle appears for a few seconds before being done.
    As for running CC3+ in compatibility mode, no. CC3+ is fully windows 10 compatible.

Do this happen on the example maps from the tome, or is it only with your own map?
    Did you hide everything but the walls? (This gives CC3+ less stuff to update in the view, so it can help in certain complicated situations)
    If you are running in an extremely high screen resolution (4K or such), I recommend trying to reduce the size of the CC3+ window to about a quarter of the screen (again, easier to draw).
    Also, trying with effects off is also worth a try.
  • It's my own map, but shouldn't it work anyway? I am running a 4K display, I'll try a smaller window. All sheets except Walls are hidden (per the ToUM). I'm not sure if effects are on, I'll check and, if they're off, try it without. Thanks for the suggestions.
  • Effects were off, but resizing the window seems to have helped. I'm not sure why as I went to zoom extents but it responded almost instantly. I suppose it's a problem with the FastCAD engine?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    I am guessing that combine paths isn't implemented in the most efficient way. It is definitively one of the slower commands to work with. But in general, a 4K screen contains 4 times as many pixels as a "standard" full-hd (1920x1080) screen, so operations will by that fact alone be quite a bit slower since it is basically 4 times as much work each time the screen needs to be drawn.