Print/export with background color

I've created a catalog thumbnail file with my planets and other star map elements. In that process I set the text to white and the background to black. The resulting FCW does not export or print with the black background, though it looks great on my screen.

How can I get the black background to show in an export or print?

Thanks!

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    You will need to add a black rectangle on your BACKGROUND sheet. The view-window color you can choose from the View menu is a function of the interface only and does not print or export.
  • I created the BACKGROUND sheet because it didn't exist in the catalog thumbnail file, drew a black square, and it's on top of the symbols. I've tried reordering the sheets but nothing changes. :/ Is there an easy answer I'm missing?
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    Open the Drawing Sheets and Effects dialog and select your BACKGROUND sheet, then click the Move Up button to move the sheet up in the sheet list. Move it all the way to the top, under the COMMON sheet (you can't move it above the COMMON sheet). That will make CC3+ render the sheet first, which means everything else will render "on top" of it. Sheets are rendered in the order they show up in that list.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • It does! The only sheet that exists is COMMON, until I add BACKGROUND. I'll fiddle around with things and see if I can move all the symbols to a new sheet, since COMMON appears unmovable.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited January 2018
    COMMON will always be below everything else. You'll either need to move everything else to a new sheet so you can order it, or simply draw the rectangle on the COMMON sheet too, and use Send to back on it to send it behind the other stuff (Note that send to back only works with regards to entities on the same sheet, which is why you need to put the rectangle on the COMMON sheet to do this)

(COMMON isn't actually a sheet at all, it is just where everything that is NOT on a sheet resides, which is why it is unmovable)