Symbol Tool Tip Box

When you go to place a symbol down, there is this box to the right of it that tells you all the different ways to do things. I want to remove it because It is hindering my placement of items since sometimes I can't see half of the symbol.

I could really use some help on this, it has left me quite frustrated as I know it's pretty simple. However, I've read the guide, looked through the help section, went through all my options on the program, and searched all over google and found nothing on it.

Comments

• DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited January 2018
    Hi sotik. Welcome to CC3+ and the ProFantasy forum.

To remove the floating prompt, select Tools > Options from the menu bar and then uncheck the Display Floating Prompt checkbox in the Options dialog.

The floating prompt will be gone, but remember to keep an eye on the command prompt at the bottom of the screen now. The prompt often provides important information regarding whatever command you're using.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • edited January 2018
    Yup, it's pretty simple. Go to your "tools" menu in the upper left corner of your screen and left click on it. Then go down to the word "options" at the bottom and left click on it. This opens the options menu. In the options menu there is a line that reads "Display Floating Prompt. Make sure that it is unchecked. Then click "ok". That should do it.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Dogtag...Well played sir!
  • Thanks so much for the help! :D I knew it was going to be stupidly simple, something I was over looking.
    You're welcome. Happy mapping!
  • This box was a great idea that's poorly implemented. It's great for new people but quickly disruptive. Would be fine it it was floating off to the side a bit.