Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2018 edited

I've done a mosque in Hadrian's Alwayir Oasis city in Tobruq, Doriant. Just a simple battle map with and without the roof (there are grids for the mosque and another for the outside area i've hidden for this pic), for the desert city. I'll look through the city and do an open air market when i find a suitable place and my work for the Annual is complete.

Any suggestions?
      Alwayir mosque roof.PNG
      Alwayir Mosque.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2018

Minarets. perhaps? Love this, so hope you will do a major building in Stromphe (hint, a very strong hint, a palpable hint)
    • CommentAuthorScottA
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2018

Love that hammered brass roof!
    • CommentAuthorTonnichiwa
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2018

This is a great looking map Lorelei. I like the detail you've put into it, especially the sun coming through the stained glass window. Very cool!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2018 edited

=O   Good gravy, woman! You churned this beauty out in no time.

*doffs cap, throws roses*
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Thanks all. In all fairness, I had worked on this on MLK holiday playing around all day before I even requested the site :) It was basically at this point already.

Quenten, I thought about a minaret but there isn't one on the property of the building I chose from Hadrian's map. And, in trying to be as accurate as possible, right down to the building shape, I left it out and decided that even though this is a "mosque" we really don't know what kind of worshipping is done here and if this particular religion responds to the call to prayer :)

I think I may do a cave system down the water hole.....
    • CommentAuthorJosh.P.

Wow the light coming through the stain glass looks superb.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2018

The latest map by our resident speed mapper is now in the atlas, and it looks great as always: Alwayir Mosque & Oasis. Thanks for the contribution Lorelei.

Note that if you download the .fcw, you'll find functionality to hide/show the roof/dome, so you can export the map the way you want it. It shows without the dome in the online map browser, because that is probably the most useful view for battlemap use.
    • CommentAuthorTonnichiwa
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2018

Very cool!