Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2018

Another person in Realms Works wants me to map the land of Verinress'Arl, the dark elf Matriarchy in Artemisia.
    Here is the very start.
      Verinress Arl.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2018

Here is step 2
      Verinress Arl2.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Posted By: QuentenAnother person in Realms Works wants me to map
    Seems like they are going to keep you quite busy with mapping if you end up mapping all the areas the other RW participants wants to make writeups for :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Won't do the Atlas any harm.
    So far, just this map (nearly finished, so need critique to improve it), and Magumel with Khelaphet (like Tenochtitlan) as a city. At least i am getting direction (directives?) which means my thinking is reduced.
    • CommentAuthorJosh.P.
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2018 edited

Posted By: Monsen
    Posted By: QuentenAnother person in Realms Works wants me to map
    Seems like they are going to keep you quite busy with mapping if you end up mapping all the areas the other RW participants wants to make writeups for :)

He won't be the only person mapping for the region. Based on my observations for every 1 map I make Quenten will make 10 ;)

But yes the energy coming out of the limited participants we have opened the doors to so far could only be described as electric.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Phase 3 of Verinress'Arl. The character at the right is done with Character Artist, and it is a mixture of Mike Schley, Herwin Weilink (for the settlements) and CC3 standard (for the cliffs). This is nearly it, just need to check with the guy who is writing up the area, and if he is happy, and you are happy, I'll submit it to the Atlas this week.
      Verinress Arl3.PNG
    • CommentAuthorJimP

I hate to ask this, but what is that on the head of the Character Artist figure ? Or is it some other part of the map ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

A helmet, like the Romans. Would have preferred a full feather headdress, but not in standard CA.
    I have thinned out the roads and added a key.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2018

Nice! I really like the forests. The roads seem kind of wide (and look oddly "un-effected") to me, but I think that's just your style. Verinress'Arl is really tall, though (and doesn't cast a shadow! Vampire!). Lately you seem to have this thing about giantesses scaring everyone off the roads. Giant mermaids, giant... dark elves? Hmm.  ;)

The more I look at the map, the more I really like the trees. Overall a really cool-looking area.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2018 edited

Posted By: QuentenI have thinned out the roads...

LOL! I didn't see this (or it didn't register, which is more likely) before I posted above. Okay, it wasn't just me, then.  :))
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2018 edited

The mermaid is there - just added her.
      Verinress Arl4.PNG
    • CommentAuthorWyvern

The ship symbols seem to be indicating major ports, so perhaps should feature on the Key too? Also, the three northern if-they-are ports (i.e. all that aren't Da'Udossat) have their ships maybe a little too close to their name-labels (and the map's title for the most northerly one). Worth tweaking?

I'm guessing the yellow and purple haze-edged areas are intended to show specific regions and who controls them. If so, maybe a unified colour-scheme for all features within specific areas would clarify that. So if the yellow line shows the limits of the Matriarchy, perhaps that should be red-bordered, not yellow, with a purple name-label for for the southeastern city (sorry, I can't be sure what the name is at this resolution and font - Kalyptaskos?)?

Did wonder if the coloured borders showed lines of magical mist to keep the giant vampire dark elves out, but possibly not. I note the by-contrast-tiny mermaid is about as far away from the giant vampire dark elf as possible, though...
    • CommentAuthorJimP

I just couldn't figure out what it was. Up to you what you put on the CA head for a head cover.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2018

I think I have nearly finished - a bit more work on the frame perhaps (symbols not that well spaced - but too tired to tackle it now. The national borders have been changed, and the key expanded amd moved - thanks for those points, Wyvern.
    And I'll have you know, that tiny mermaid is one powerful dude - nothing less than Baron Doggetage's Bane!
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2018

I have fixed the frame symbols and sent it to Monsen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2018 edited

Quenten's latest map is now in the atlas; Matriarchy of Verinress'Arl. Enjoy :)