CC3+, Dundjinni or Fractal Maps?

Which is the best?

I'm a Noob and i need a Map Program for a medieval World War 2 world. A mix from Valkyria Chronicles and Wolfenstein.

Comments

• Depends on what you are looking for, and how much you're willing to work (and pay) to get it.

CC3+ is the most sophisticated of the three, and starts off with the largest amount of art, and has tons more available from Profantasy, all of it very high quality. But it's also the most complicated to learn to use, and the interface is very unlike most Windows graphics programs (because it's not a graphics program, it's a CAD program).

I'm not familiar with Dundjinni at all, and I'm guessing that you mean Fractal Mapper from NBOS, which I have used. It's a lot simpler, and it's more a graphics program of the traditional Windows type, so it's a lot more intuitive to beginners. If you want something that will get you making maps quick and easy, it's a good choice. It's also cheaper.

But if you want to make the sort of beautiful, detailed maps you see in professional products (many of which are done with CC3+), and you're willing to put forth the time and effort to learn how to use it, CC3+ can't be beat.

I will also add this as an endorsement: This forum is one of the two most useful, helpful, friendly support forums I've ever seen (the other being RPTools' forum for MapTool). Of the two, this one is more active, has more knowledgeable participants (more knowledge, and more participants who are knowledgeable), and is even a bit friendlier. So if you're patient, whatever you can't figure out, there will be somebody here with useful suggestions.

(And even if you only buy the basic program, the Tome of Ultimate Mapping comes highly recommended.)
  • Dundjinni is basically abandonware at this time.

CC3+ would be the better choice imo.