Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTime7 days ago

I want to draw with symbols some stone circles. I don't see anything I can use for this, except maybe some stone bridge symbols. Most of those would be the standing stones had fallen down.

I guess I could make some out of multi-poly... particularly the top stones connecting the standing ones.

But for single standing ones, I am a bit lost as to what to use.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTime7 days ago

I cold think of a way to do it with ordinary polys in top view.

Using a nice natural looking stone fill, draw the stones on a sheet with a severe but short bevel effect, and add a really big directional wall shadow to show how tall these things are.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTime7 days ago edited

This what I came up with using DD3, CSUAC2, and maybe a Bogie symbol or two. Stalagmites with the black holes in top, or maybe pillars.
      blor_henge_area01_00003b.png
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTime7 days ago

For the fallen stones a much shorter shadow on a separate sheet.

If you have henge cross-members that are still in place, however, it gets a bit tricky. They would be better done with a drop shadow to place the shadow nicely on top of the shadows cast by the standing stones they are on.

I say its tricky, because the shadow effects on different sheets add to each other, so where they overlap they will show much darker.

Perhaps the best way is to have a shadow sheet all on its own and draw the shadow in one of the transparent fills?
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTime7 days ago

This is just a drop shadow, blur radius is 10 instead of 5. Rest is the default.
      blor_henge_area01_00004b.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTime7 days ago edited

The middle stone is an alter. I think this will do for a game map.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTime7 days ago

Okay, made it larger, added a grid and compass point. Somehow I kept turning off and on the effects... and I didn't even touch the sheets menu. Probably just me. Of course, having the Blue Danube, with pictures from 2001: A Space Odyssey playing in my brain isn't helping either.
      blor_henge_area01_00006b.png
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTime7 days ago

Johann Sebastian Strauss (Johann Strauss II) :)

You should try working to the Tritsch-Tratsch Polka!

VERY fast! :P
    • CommentAuthorWyvern
    • CommentTime7 days ago

The Annual Jon Roberts Dungeons has a number of larger rock options, and neatly-squared stone altars, if you wanted dressed stone blocks, and the Mike Schley Dungeons also have some interesting rocks that could help - plus a long, decorated cushion under furniture, whose varicolor option with colour 0 (black) looks weirdly like a decorated rectangular rough stone to me. The Naomi Van Doren Dungeons set has an interesting looking Pedestal under "Statues and Temples". SS2, Bitmap A, has rather more possibilities, including cave columns, rocks, stalagmites, rubble blocks, a sack which could easily pass for a rough stone, a statue on a pedestal that looks like a rough stone too to my eye, and even an empty pit which could pass for a squared stone column in a pinch. I didn't look further afield, but maybe there's something here that might help?
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTime7 days ago

Indeed helpful. I may modify this one, or make several for other locations using your ideas.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTime3 days ago

I may get hit by bad weather, including snow, on Tuesday Jan 16, 2018. So I may or may not be here due to that.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTime2 days ago

Light snow, but the melting and the freeze tonight will cause some bad road conditions. We are staying home.