Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorjaerdaph
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2009 edited

I noticed something strange working on some maps using the December 2007 Cartographer's Annual. After working in a map for awhile, the map grid gets selected when I choose the copy, move or erase options even though the grid is on a frozen layer. If I close the map and reopen, the problem goes away for awhile.

I have CC3 version 3.24 and run Windows XP.
    Is your grid a group? If so, it will get selected if it's visible.

Steve
    • CommentAuthorjaerdaph
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2009

Even if it's on a layer that's frozen - is that a known bug?

The grid was created with the grid creation tool. I noticed last night that the frozen grid doesn't start getting accidentally selected until after I started using the attach tools like "endpoint" and "on" when drawing lines, arcs, paths etc. to eventually multipoly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2009

Groups can be selected, even if the layer the entities are on a frozen layer. That's not exactly a bug, but a property of the CAD engine - I think it's caused by the fact that groups can span multiple layers; and what do you do when part of a group is on a frozen layer and another is not?

To get rid of this behaviour, simply "unlock" groups while working. The grouped entities will then be treated separately, causing frozen layers to be respected.
    • CommentAuthorjaerdaph
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2009

Ah, I see, and I'm already thinking of some possible ways to take advantage of this feature...

Can items in groups be defined on multiple sheets?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf

No, groups can only ever be on one sheet.
    • CommentAuthorjaerdaph

Thanks Ralf.

Bummer...