Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorVictor
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2018

OK, I'm new to this, but I can't work out where in the software I can modify a map border....

Thanks for any answers in advance!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

The map border is an entity in the map like everything else, and can be edited with the same tools as you use for the rest of the map. Note that the map border is often located on a frozen layer that prevents it from being edited, so you may need to enter the layers dialog and thaw it first before you can edit it.
    • CommentAuthorVictor

Thanks, I've worked out how to isolate the map border sheet and delete the border. How to add one back is beyond me at the moment...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Basically, you just draw it. Most map borders just consists of a line around the map using some appropriate width and fill, or made from a few polygons. If you are going to extend your map, wath out for the SCREEN sheet though. On most templates, it contains a white polygon right outside the map border. This is used to hide entities that stick out from the map border, for example if you place a symbol halfway outside the map. This screen will also hide anything else you might draw in that area, including a new map border, so you'll usually want to delete this screen too, and draw a new one. The screen itself is just a couple of white solid filled polygons on the SCREEN sheet.
    • CommentAuthorVictor

Thanks