Source Maps and CC3+

Is it possible to export the plans from the exe file so they can be opened in CC3+

Or is it not possible at all.

Comments

• You can load the Source Maps fcw files into CC3+, convert them with ffix, and use them, export as pngs, etc.
  • How do I get to the FCW files as they seem to be in an .exe container.

When I do get them and load into CC3+ do I run ffix as a command line macro or is ffix a program that I run externally to CC3+ or is there a tutorial somewhere that I should go off and read :)

thanks
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited January 2018
    You just need to install the Source maps program by running the .exe. It should install as a stand-alone program, and then you can open up the maps from CC3+.

FFIX is a command line command in CC3+, although I don't think it will do much good for the source maps maps, as these are all in vector format anyway.
  • When you run the install exe. it creates several folders. One contains pdfs and the other the fcw map files. I remember them installing separately from Cc3plus.
  • The ffix. is once you load the map file into cc3plus. It fixes the path to the new symbol references.
  • When I run the .exe file it crashes out telling me it can't find the CC3 program, so I guess I will need to install that, unpack then use CC3+
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited January 2018
    hmm, that's weird. The source maps product should be able to install as a stand-alone product (for users without CC3). If it finds CC3, it will do some integration, but it should certainly install without. Which source maps is this?

Edit: Make sure you use the original installers for the products, not the CC3 compatibility update ones, they look specifically for CC3. And DON'T let the original installers install anything inside your CC3+ directory, they will bind it, believing it is CC2.
  • All sorted, it seems only the castles one wanted CC3, Cities seems to have a stand alone viewer and tombs was OK, but all were installed after I had put in CC3. Anyway, found everything, all seem to open in CC3+