Cannot uninstall CC3

I am trying to tidy up some old software I no longer use. I have uninstalled all parts of this software but I still have a cc3 package listed in my applications.

Strangely when I try to run the uninstall it instead runs the install process. This is on windows 7. Can anyone tell me how I can fully remove this software?

Thanks

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Windows installers sometimes get "stuck". If you can live with the entry being present in the add/remove list, I would just simply delete c:\program files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3. CC3 keeps all its files there, and with that directory deleted, there is nothing left of it. There are a few registry entries, but without any program wanting to use them, they are just "dead" entries, and doesn't really take any space or affect your computer in any way.

There are also third-party uninstall software that will clean up stuff such as the windows installer cache, and the entry under add-remove programs. I don't use any of them myself, so I can't recommend a particular one.

You can also contact ProFantasy support, they may have an official solution as well.
  • taustinoctaustinoc Surveyor
    edited January 2018
    Posted By: MonsenIf you can live with the entry being present in the add/remove list,
    And if that bothers you enough to tamper with the registry, you can manually remove that, too.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/243723/removing-invalid-entries-in-the-add-remove-programs-tool
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    I think this is a more widespread problem being caused by Win 10, or the very recent Intel security patch thing they distributed in the last couple of days. I've had 3 unrelated apps completely fail on me in the last 24 hrs (thankfully none of them are graphics apps). I can't actually use or uninstall/repair ANY of them. They just... 'Are', and there's nothing I can do about it :(