Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorJumJumJR
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2018

I recently finished my first map with CC3+, and I've been trying to find the best way to print my map and export it to an image file. I've been messing around with saving my maps as a rectangular PNGs and JPEGs, but I can't seem to find the perfect set of numbers. Either the file is too large for sharing online (20-40mbs), or the image quality of the map suffers. Is there a better way to do this, such as saving the file as a rectangular PNG or JPEG then scaling the image in GIMP or Photoshop?

Thanks! Any help is appreciated, I'm obviously new to map-making haha
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Saving it in a high resolution from CC3+ and then reducing it in an image editor is probably the easiest, since it is faster than re-exporting it multiple times, and you can easily experiment to find the size that fits your purposes best.
    • CommentAuthorJumJumJR
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2018 edited

Alright I'll try that. What would I use for the pixel height, width, and PPI when exporting the image from CC? Or does it not matter, as long as it's a high number?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2018 edited

It really depends on what you need, but for online use, starting with 5000 by 5000 should give you a sufficient large image that you can then experiment on with resizing. Just ignore ppi.
    • CommentAuthorJumJumJR

So this is what I have so far. I'm messing around with printing but I get the general concept. Thanks!
      Clerica - all text, wborder, no grid FINAL3.png
    Posted By: MonsenIt really depends on what you need, but for online use, starting with 5000 by 5000 should give you a sufficient large image that you can then experiment on with resizing. Just ignore ppi.

Oh, i was having this trouble! Resolution I use 100 and that is fine?
    What this mean? It is an error or I just have to wait?
      Screenshot_13.jpg
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2018

I think you are ok to just sit and wait with that one ;)
    Posted By: LoopysueI think you are ok to just sit and wait with that one ;)

Right! Thank you. I will wait a few more minutes.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

You mean you've been waiting for half an hour already?

Hmmm... that's a bit odd!
    Posted By: LoopysueYou mean you've been waiting for half an hour already?

Hmmm... that's a bit odd!

Yep...
    Ok. Done. It worked. But took about half an hour to finish after got the mensage above.
    Search the forums for ImageMagick 64. Their is a thread, that about quite a few posts into it has instructions from NOnsen on how to install a 64 bit version of the rendering application. It will help with your export times (assuming your computer and O/S is 64 bit).
    This isn't the actual post, but it's the instructions on where the thread is and how to find the post; http://forum.profantasy.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=8225&page=1#Item_2
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

You can also reduce the time spent rendering (whichever image processing software you have) by entering the command EXPORTSETMPPP, and increasing the default value of 4,000,000, to 40,000,000 (commas only included here to make the number of zeros easier to count - do not include them when you type "40000000" and press enter)

This very significantly increases the size of each pass, and speeds up the 'scanning' of the image before the process moves into the image processing part.
    Posted By: LordEntrailshttp://forum.profantasy.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=8225&page=1#Item_2

Thank you. I am working on that