Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2017 edited

It is officially 2018 at my location (20 minutes in), and so we herby wish you all a Happy New Year. May the new year be a good one for you all, and may you make many new maps in the year to come.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2017

New Year is old hat here - Ten and a half hours old already. And 2 maps will be sent your way when I have done the notes. So, mapping on!
    • CommentAuthorJimP

About 6 hours away here... May all your maps turn out the way you want them to, and have a Happy New Year !
    • CommentAuthorTonnichiwa
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2017 edited

I've still got 8 hours to go, but for all of you living in the future, happy New Year!...oh, and can you give me the winning Powerball Jackpot numbers please? :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

• CommentAuthorWyvern

Just over an hour in for me - not normally on here this late, but got caught up in something else this evening online*, and only arrived on-site well after local midnight.

Indeed, a very Happy New Year to one and all!

* A spectacular natural firework (brilliant fireball-class meteor or shooting star) over the British Isles around 17:33 on Dec 31, preliminary details, images and videos here for those interested, though I didn't see it myself.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

I hope everyone has a good one, no matter when exactly it officially starts for the whole world :D

3.37 hours into 2018 right here and how ;)
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2018 edited

Morning low in my area, 17F with a wind chill of 9F. Good thing there is no snow. Brrrrrr.

I looked at the fireball/bolide link.

I went to bed early and woke up at 1 AM local time. So I missed out on the celebrations. I'm sure I'll see them rerun on telly today.
    • CommentAuthorScottA
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2018

Yes, a very Happy New Year to all my friends here on the ProFantasy forums. Here's to great mapping in 2018!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag

Posted By: JimPMorning low in my area, 17F with a wind chill of 9F.

Chicagoland woke up in 2018 to -10 °F. Makes me wonder about the weather near Monsen. I think he's about 20° north of me. On the other hand, we're also experiencing an arctic blast thanks to a friendly, passing polar vortex. At least I'm not on the East Coast (U.S.) where they're expected to get a bunch of snow.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

They had all 4 of the county sand trucks ready to go incase their services of deicing bridges, etc. was needed. I'm sure just about anywhere in Illinois has many more than that.

edit: I'm sure my weather is spring for Monsen... I don't like cold weather, but I'm not camping out in it. I have, but I would rather not.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Posted By: DogtagMakes me wonder about the weather near Monsen.
    Right now (about 20:00 hours), light rain and about 3°C (37°F). Temperatures will drop in the coming days though.

I think he's about 20° north of me.
    I'm at about 60.5°N
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Its only 27F here. Ouch, its colder here than there ! Brrr.... Glad I'm indoors.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Posted By: JimPOuch, its colder here than there
    Climate is rather mild here, we rarely get extreme cold. We do get lots of rain (and sometimes snow) though, and summers are nothing to write home about, mild winters DO NOT equate to even reasonably hot summers.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

I have visited relatives in Maine. They complained about the heat... at 70F in August. I lived in Texas at the time and August there is 110F, relative humdity is 20%. But they had snow every winter, and where I lived in Texas back then it rarely snowed. Sleet for a day or two was much more likely.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2018

A happy new year to everyone! Looking forward to another year of your amazing maps, people. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2018 edited

Posted By: Monsen
    I think he's about 20° north of me.
    I'm at about 60.5°N

Boo-ya! I'm at about 41.8°N.