Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorsatyesu
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2017

How do I export a map as just blank canvas in coastlines for use in CC3? Thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2017

There is a coastline only export in the Save as Campaign Cartographer dialog in FT3. I recommend editing that setting, and turn off the option to multipoly each contour level, as well as turn off othe rmap options like scale bar and compass roses unless you want them. That will result in a very clean export with the coastlines only.
    Note that to change an export setting in FT3, you must run it with elevated privileges, which you can do by right clicking on the FT3 shortcut, and select run as administrator (Under the 'More' sumbenu if clicking on the icon in the windows 10 start menu). If you don't do this, FT3 won't have the required permission to save the updated settings to disk.
    • CommentAuthorsatyesu
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2017

Figured out how to do everything except get rid of the altitude numbers (though it ain't pretty). How do I do that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

If you have already exported the map to CC3+, the easiest is to simply delete them. They are probably on afrozen layer, so thaw all layers before using the erase command on them.
    • CommentAuthorsatyesu

The only one there is "COMMON." 0.o
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

That sounds like the sheet list, not the layer list.
    • CommentAuthorLadieStorm

I have a follow up question to this, as I am also trying to figure this out. I've managed to save as a cc3 export, using the coastline only save. But now I want to change what I have to one of the mapping styles. How do I do that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Easiest is to create a new map in the desired style, and then copy the landmass over (via the clipboard) and then use Change like draw tool to bring it into the correct style.
    • CommentAuthorsatyesu

Thank you! Unrelated question, but if you can answer it I don't want to make a new thread. I found rivers and set the top-level river importance to 100% in Preferences, but I see no rivers on my terra map. Why?