Problems With January 2015 Annual - OSR Style

I have been unable to get the OSR Annual to work properly, it is not moving the Crosshatching to the back, and when there is a floor pattern for any caves, then it does not draw the walls of the caves.

It worked fine with an older installation - from the monthly issue - but when I did a new install on my machine, using the complete 2015 download, these problems cropped up.

I am suspecting that some of the Cave settings were changed between installs, but I have no idea what the settings should be. Or if there are other settings that got changed as well.

Uninstalling and reinstalling again did not reset whatever settings had been changed.

It is a great looking style, and I would love to actually use it.... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Auld Grump

Comments

• DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    I don't know if this will fix the issue but it can't hurt. Try running the most recent update. It's always a good idea to run the most recent update after installing (or reinstalling) ProFantasy stuff, including annuals.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Posted By: TheAuldGrumpit is not moving the Crosshatching to the back
    I tried to replicate this (using a new install), but this seems to work for me. Are there any particular tools this happens with? Do you use the template that cane with the annual, or are you using a custom one? Have you changed the sheet order in the map?
    Posted By: TheAuldGrumpand when there is a floor pattern for any caves, then it does not draw the walls of the caves
    This is as expected. Even the manual for that issue mentions that you can add walls to your caves by using the wall drawing tool. The requirement for this is a side effect of the fact that CC3(+) drawing tools can only draw two entities. For the caves, thy need to contain both a white background (this is what covers the hatching) and the floor pattern, so they wont be able to draw an outline (wall) as well unfortunately. The DD3 room/corridor tools on the other hand can draw three entities, floor foreground and background, and a wall, but they are not well suited for things like caves.
  • caveCrawlercaveCrawler Traveler
    edited December 2017
    Posted By: Monsen
    I tried to replicate this (using a new install), but this seems to work for me. Are there any particular tools this happens with? Do you use the template that cane with the annual, or are you using a custom one? Have you changed the sheet order in the map?
    Posted By: TheAuldGrumpand when there is a floor pattern for any caves, then it does not draw the walls of the caves
    This is as expected. Even the manual for that issue mentions that you can add walls to your caves by using the wall drawing tool. The requirement for this is a side effect of the fact that CC3(+) drawing tools can only draw two entities. For the caves, thy need to contain both a white background (this is what covers the hatching) and the floor pattern, so they wont be able to draw an outline (wall) as well unfortunately. The DD3 room/corridor tools on the other hand can draw three entities, floor foreground and background, and a wall, but they are not well suited for things like caves.

Monsen, this is one of my favorite annual issues. I wish it was "pumped up" more. The corridor/room floor tiling design is too tight whether it's squares or rocks. Can I use Issue 12 from Annual 2007 to create a DysonLogos style? Where would I find info on things like creating that background hatching and corridor tiles? The grids are drawn so they can't be removed from the floor tiling. I want to space out the hatching a bit.. I want to change things in 97 but don't know really how to do it or even where to start.. let me start simple.

Where can I find the info to create a outline hatching for use in Annual 97? (I bought annual 2007 but it's missing some steps). I guess I need to draw it first. So I did that. now what? Thanks for any information.
  • edited December 2017
    Posted By: Monsen
    Away from my desktop right now, so I can't see if I can get the cross hatching to work - I wish that there was a 'restore defaults' button for styles.

Between my posting then and my posting now, I did try the cross hatching with the standard rooms and corridors - and it did get pushed to the background for those, so I may have borked the Caves settings when trying to get the cave walls to show up. (And since you have pointed out that they are not supposed to... and I need to use the T function... means that I have no idea when I borked them.)

I kind of want to try the crosshatching with the SS4 Dungeons of Schley. I think it could look pretty good.

The Auld Grump